- Firearms must be transported unloaded, and inside trunk/cargo area of your vehicle.
- Firearms should be either wrapped, cased or boxed
- Magazines and ammunition must be in separate area of the vehicle (ie: back seat).
- Firearms must be functional. We will dispose of broken, non-functional firearms, however gift cards will only be provided for firearms which are in working condition.
- You must remain in your vehicle while at the Alliant Energy Center.
- Please do not bring children or pets to the event.
Funds are limited. We reserve the right to limit the number of cards distributed per person.
Depending on the type of gun surrendered, participants will receive a gift card valued between $50.00 to $250.00 in exchange for each gun surrendered, limit up to 4 guns per person.
All firearms will be retrieved from your vehicle by law enforcement with a no-questions-asked policy.
No ID required
Gift card funding:
- Revolvers - $50
- Handguns/Rifles/shotguns - $100
- Ghost Guns- $200
- Assault Rifles - $250
*We will accept BB guns, pellet guns or facsimile firearms for disposal as well. $10-$25 cards available
Event is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., If funds are expended prior to 2:00 p.m, the event may close early.
The Sheriff's Office has been authorized to accept donations toward this event. If you would like to contribute, cash, check or Gift Cards will be accepted. Donations must be received by Wednesday, August 10th. Any donations received after the deadline will be applied to future events.
For inquiries or donations, please contact us at Giftcardsforguns@danesheriff.com.