As a Plant Accountant in the Accounting/Finance department of Fisher Barton, your talents, skills and experience will have a direct impact on moving the organization forward. Reporting directly to the Controller, this role is responsible for daily and monthly core accounting functions, in-depth cost accounting and analysis, and income statement management. You’ll be joining a high-performing team where continuous improvement is championed, and where you’ll directly influence organizational success by contributing to operational improvements through data analysis.
You can expect to:
- Complete the monthly close process, including preparing journal entries, accruals, overhead allocations and creating financial statements and reports
- Prepare monthly general ledger and bank account reconciliations
- Prepare and review general ledger and financial statements for accuracy
- Support monthly and annual inventory activities
- Support variance analysis related to financial results, including job variance analysis, labor and burden rate analysis, pricing analysis, missing costs analysis, and more
- Collect, analyze and record data to determine the costs of business activities and, in some instances, take the lead in recommending and implementing costing procedures that are most appropriate
- Assist in maintaining standard cost structures and departmental overhead rates as changes to product design occur and raw material and labor costs change.
- Provide financial summaries or special reports for review by both divisional and executive leadership
- Support capital acquisition and major expense requisition processes and reporting
- Support annual and interim audit requirements
- Support financial budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Support the A/R and A/P team and assist in researching and resolving issues as needed
- Support the Budget Manager’s team with timely reporting and analysis to inform decision making
- Work closely with cross-departmental teams and other business units to improve our processes and results
You are the kind of person who:
- Has good verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to work as a partner with others
- Is a self-starter with the ability to identify issues and take initiative for process improvement
- Has strong accounting, quantitative and analytical skills along with the ability to apply those skills within the role
- Demonstrates strong project and time management skills
- Actively champions continuous manufacturing and process improvements as part of a team that values your unique contribution
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years progressive responsibility with financial reporting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- 2-5 years experience with inventory accounting and standard costing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products suite
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- CMA or CPA
- Experience with ERP systems (examples: EPICOR, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Office and Manufacturing
Work Location: 210 Business Park Drive | Sun Prairie | WI | 53590
- This position is primarily onsite, with the opportunity to work remotely one day per week once fully trained.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Open PTO
- FSA (Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account)
- And more!
At Fisher Barton, we combine years of experience across multiple industries to deliver unparalleled innovation. Our world-class talent understands the behavior of materials and develops leading-edge solutions that meet your unique needs. We’re more than a source for high-quality parts; Fisher Barton is your resource for the highest quality solutions you’ll find—anywhere.
Fisher Barton is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any status or characteristic protected by law.